Thank you for visiting this website (“Website”).
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected.
The data controller of your personal information is the Curtiss-Wright Corporation and its affiliates, of:
130 Harbour Place Drive
Davidson, NC 28036
(“ Curtiss-Wright”, “ we,” “ our,” or “ us”),
represented in the EEA by Penny & Giles Controls Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 00843903, whose registered address is at 15 Enterprise Way, Aviation Park West, Bournemouth International Airport, Christchurch, Dorset, United Kingdom, BH23 6HH.
How we collect your information
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us, which may include:
- when you enquire about our products or services;
- when you place an order or sign a contract with us, either on your own behalf, or on behalf of your employer;
- when you or your employer become(s) a business partner or a supply chain provider;
- when you interact with our representatives via email, post, or over the phone;
- when we have face to face meetings with you; and
- during our business transactions. Information we collect about you . This is information about you that we collect:
- Each time you use the Website, we may automatically collect technical information, which may be considered to be personal information when combined with other information about you.
The types of information we hold
Information you give us.
The personal information we hold on you may include name, address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses, business name, business address, business telephone numbers, business email addresses LinkedIn account, bank details and transaction history.
Information we collect about you.
This may include:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the dates and times you use the Website, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, your geographical location when accessing the Website and any phone number used to call the contact phone number provided on our Website.
This information may amount to personal information, particularly when it is combined with other data sets.
Special categories of personal information
We do not collect any special categories of (i.e. sensitive) personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How we use your information
We process your personal information for the following lawful reasons:
Information you give to us .
- Where you have ordered goods and services from us or we have a contract with you we process your personal information to fulfil the contract.
- For the legitimate interest of providing you with the information you requested from us and as part of preparing for a contract or a sale.
- Where we have an existing relationship, we will use your information for the legitimate interest of sending you marketing information about our products and services or to invite you to events. We do this as it is necessary we promote our business to customers and potential customers, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
- Where you represent a new customer or supplier we will conduct Restricted Party Screening (“ RPS”) of your name against global public information sources and we use a third party to conduct this screening.We do this as it is necessary we seek assurance of customer and suppliers as part of our compliance to International Traffic in Arms Regulations. We screen your name only, and no other personal information.
Information we collect about you .
- to ensure that the Website operates effectively and for internal operations, including technical administration, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality, value, functionality and general user friendliness of the Website, and to analyse and understand how the Website is used;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure; and
- to serve any aspect of the Website to you according to your preferences or and location.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Curtiss-Wright or those of our approved third party suppliers. It may be stored on servers located within the European Economic Area (“ EEA”), on servers located within countries approved by the EU and on servers located within countries not approved by the European Commission (“ EC”).
Where your information is processed in countries not approved by the EC, our contracts with our suppliers include the EU model clauses to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
Within Curtiss-Wright your information will be stored on our secured systems .
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell or swap your information with any third party. We will share your information where:
- such disclosure is necessary to enable our suppliers who are involved in delivering services to you;
- such disclosure is necessary to enable our suppliers who provide us with internal marketing, web services and IT Services, and other necessary functions;
- · our global Restricted Party Screening provider, Visual Compliance;
- we are required to share your personal information with a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, for legitimate business purposes; or
- Curtiss-Wright or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. In the case of project or contract related information, we must retain your information for 7 years after the end of the contract. For certain products and services, we must retain contracts and project related information for longer to comply with international regulations (for example relating to avionics), in which case the information is retained for 15 years.
For general business contacts we will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 5 years we will delete your data.
RPS information is retained for 12 months.
If you are located within the EEA, you have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org,
If you are located in the EEA, you have a number of rights in relation to how we process your personal information. These include:
- the right access the personal information that we may hold about you;
- the right to rectify any inaccurate personal information that we may hold about you;
- the right to have your personal information erased in certain circumstances, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil our processing purposes; or where you have exercised your right to object to the processing;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal information where, for example, the information is inaccurate or it is no longer necessary for us to process such information or where you have exercised your right to object to our processing;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information which may be exercised in certain circumstances, for example, where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes, or where your own legitimate interests outweigh ours; and
- the right to have your data ported to a new service provider if you no longer wish to use our services.
You can exercise any of these rights any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
No fee usually required.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise your rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We may share information that we collected through cookies, in aggregated form, with carefully selected third parties for the purposes set out above, unless you disable or block cookies as set out below.
Please be aware that if you decide to disable or block cookies, parts of the Website may not function correctly, or at all.
Should you choose however to disable or block our cookies on your computer or other device you will need to do this through your browser. Click on the ‘Help’ menu on your particular browser to learn how to manage your cookie preferences. Alternatively, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu for comprehensive information on how to manage cookies.
How we will tell you about future changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be put on our Website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what personal information is collected by us, and how it is used.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links to third party websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Keeping your personal information up to date
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have handled any request in respect of your Personal Information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.